KNOW IF YOUR MANUSCRIPT IS
READY FOR PUBLICATION
ABOUT THE EDITORIAL ASSESSMENT
An Editorial Assessment is a review of the current state of your manuscript.
When you receive your assessment, you will know:
- What is working well in the current version of your manuscript.
- What areas of your manuscript need improvement.
- Specific suggestions for changes
- What type of editing your manuscript requires:
- Structural Editing
- Line Editing
Be empowered to ask for the exact editing you need the first time around. You are not alone!
WHY Choose To Invest In
An Editorial Assessment
Editing is a major expense for self-published authors and those completing a manuscript with the hopes of pitching it to agents or publishers.
First time authors tend to be under-educated about the editing process. Many request proofreading services, unaware that their manuscript might require a more extensive type of editing first.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the 3 types of editing.
An Editorial Assessment educates you about the current state of your manuscript.
You are empowered to shop for the editor that best suits your style and budget.
You can confidently request quotes for the exact editing service you need, saving time and money.
Editorial Assesment Benefits
- Unbiased review
- Non-binding, stand-alone service
- 1st step in our editorial process
- Assessment cost deducted from editing service balance if engaged within 10 days of recieving assessment.
What You'll Get
- A thorough reading of your manuscript
- An MP3 recording detailing findings
- A written summary of our findings
- A sample edit
- Get a detailed breakdown of each deliverable
Rates and Turnaround Time
Up to 15,000 words
approx 1 week
15,001 - 35,000 words
approx 1.5 weeks
35,001 - 70,000 words
approx 2 weeks
70,001 - 100,000 words
approx 2.5 weeks
100,001 - 200,000 words
approx 3 weeks
200,001 - 300,000 words
approx 4 weeks
300,001 - 500,000 words
approx 5 weeks
About Your Editing Coach
Denise Renee is the Lead Writing Coach and Educator for www.WriteYourBook.tips. Here are a few fun facts about her:
- Started career as a high school English teacher
- Professional writer since 1999
- Experienced Copywriter & Digital Marketer
- Soon to be published fiction writer
- Also a talented musician & visual content creator
- Is a "dog person" in her mind, but still doesn't own one
19+ Successful Book Projects And Counting!
ghostwritten or edited
ghostwritten or edited manuscripts still in process
satisfied book writing
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
- We DO guarantee that you'll love working with your Book Writing Coach.
- We DO guarantee that you will be given individualized attention and your ideas will be nurtured.
- We DO guarentee that the advice given will be based on the most up-to-date industry best practices for book writing and self-publishing, yet tailored to your unique set of circumstances and preferences.
- We DO NOT guarantee lenght of time it will take for you to complete your book, nor book sales or other results as all are dependent on your own efforts, which we are outside of our control.
SECURE YOUR EDITORIAL ASSESSMENT
You are advised to submit the most polished version of your document, free of side notes and comments which can erroneously increase the word count.
For ease of reading, your document should be in a standard font (such as Times Roman, Arial, Calabri, Courier, Garamond, or Verdana). The font should be 12-pt. The line spacing should be double spaced.
Upon payment submission, you will be immediately directed to upload your document to our service.
To 15,000 Words
approx. 1week turnaround
to 35,000 words
approx. 1.5 week turnaround
to 70,000 words
approx. 2 week turnaround
Simple, fast and effective flexible move
Simpler, faster and more effective
The simplest, fastest way!
PAYMENT DISCLAIMER: If you are ready to engage us for your editorial assessment, please be sure your document is prepared per the guidelines above. Perform a “word count” function on your document and select the pricing which corresponds to the total amount of words in your document. If you underestimate your word count and you selected a lower payment, you will be invoiced the difference to the correct price. This invoice must be paid in full prior to work on your assessment commencing. Upon completion of your payment, be prepared to immediately submit your document to our uploader. Making a payment denotes you are in agreement with and intend to comply with our Terms of Service.